Over the last 10 years we have entered dozens of pupils for ABRSM practical and theory grade examinations. All our pupils are encouraged to work towards these exams as we find it helps to set a goal and gives them a huge sense of achievement once they successfully receive their result. Here are a few statistics:
- 100% pass rate in all subjects
- Average Violin mark achieved (Grades 1-8) = 124 (Merit)
- Average Piano mark achieved (Grades 1-8) = 123 (Merit)
- Average Theory mark achieved (Grades 1-5) = 86% (Merit)
- 71% of Theory, 70% of Piano & 63% of Violin pupils achieve a Merit or Distinction in their Grade Examinations
Many of our pupils have been offered 11+ or 13+ Music Scholarships, Exhibitions or Awards at Alleyn’s, Colfe’s, St. Dunstan’s, JAGs, Repton College, Dulwich College and Blackheath High School.
The national average mark for grade exams is around 117.Enquire about lessons